Exception for Noxious Weed Treatments
Noxious weeds may be treated within the buffer zones by public agencies in accordance with the following restrictions:
- No aerial applications within 100 yards of salmon-supporting waters.
- No broadcast spraying within 20 yards of salmon-supporting waters, or when wind speeds exceed five miles per hour.
- No chemical spraying within 15 feet of salmon-supporting waters, or when wind speeds exceed five miles per hour.
- Only aquatic-use approved pesticides may be used within fifteen feet of salmon-supporting waters.
- No pesticides may be applied when precipitation is occurring or is forecast to occur within 24 hours.
- All spraying operations must be overseen by a certified applicator.
- For 2,4-D and triclopyr, only the amine formulations may be used.
Exception for Public Health Vector Control Programs
Pesticides may be applied within the buffer zones by public agencies for public health vector control programs, such as for mosquito spraying to address West Nile Virus.