It’s just three more days until the first deadline for our new Mind the Store campaign. Since we launched, we’ve been off to a positive start. We’ve had thousands of emails
sent to the retailers (over 50,000), bloggers have visited stores asking them to take a lead on getting rid of toxic chemicals in consumer products and we’ve sent letters to all of the CEOs of the retailers asking them to work with us on chemical action plans for their companies.
Send the retailers an email now asking them to Mind the Store!
As apart of our communications to the CEOs, we’ve asked them to send an initial response to the campaign by June 1st. We’re hopefully that the retailers will respond positively and will agree to work with our coalition on creating corporate chemical policies. We’ve got a wealth of resources in our coalition and we hope they take us up on working together.
It’s only three more days until this first deadline, here’s the skinny on what this all means:
- On April 11th we launched a new campaign called Mind the Store, where we’re asking the nation’s top ten retailers to get tough on toxic chemicals.
- We’ve asked the retailers to respond to our campaign in writing by June 1st
- We’re hoping they will agree to sit down with our coalition to work on action plans for the Hazardous 100+ toxic chemicals
- Bloggers, moms, and consumers across the country have started to ask retailers to Mind the Store
- We’ve launched an ad campaign in Times Square (picture below) raising awareness about the importance of taking action on toxic chemicals
The need for retailer leadership on toxic chemicals has only grown in the last 6 weeks.
- New reporting found over 5,000 toxic chemicals in children’s products
- Garden hoses purchased at major retailers tested positive for heavy metals, BPA and phthalates
- Science continues to show toxic chemicals we’re exposed to every linked to adverse health outcomes
What are people are saying about Mind the Store?
- Shane says the clock is ticking! She spoke to Target and hopes they will be a leader in Minding the Store
- A chemical burden, hear from Little Green Moments on new chemicals found in toxic chemicals
- How can women help push retailers to get rid of toxic chemicals?