Toxic Cargo: How rail transport of vinyl chloride puts millions at risk, an analysis one year after the Ohio train derailment
This was created by Material Research for Toxic-Free Future. This document includes the methodology for creating the maps of the train route and quantifying the shipments of vinyl chloride from OxyVinyls to PVC plants in New Jersey, Illinois, and Ontario.
Read the report
- I.Key findings
- II.PVC: The poison plastic
- III.How much vinyl chloride is shipped from OxyVinyls around the U.S. every year?
- IV.Maps: the toxic vinyl chloride train route from Texas to New Jersey
- V.Recent vinyl chloride train disasters
- VI.From rail cars to The Home Depot
- VII.Where does it all start? Fracking and vinyl chloride production in Texas